London Fire Brigade Museum
The London Fire Brigade Museum covers the history of firefighting since 1666 (the date of the Great Fire of London). The museum houses old fire appliances and other equipment. It is also possible to see fire brigade recruits training.
The museum is located in the former home of Captain Sir Eyre Massey Shaw, who was Superintendent of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade. It was the London Fire Brigade headquarters until 1937 when King George V opened a new building on the Albert Embankment on the south bank of the River Thames.